Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Hello, I know that hot flashes mean "boufe chalè" in creole. What I want to know is how to translate "to have hot flashes". I have the possible verbal expressions: Fè boufe chalè, gen boufe chalè, or pran boufe chalè. Which of these is correct or are all three can be used to express that meaning or is there another expression? Also, is there another way of say hot flashes and are there verbal expressions that accompany them?

It’s gen boufe chalè

You might also hear: chalè granmoun nan (only used between friends, sometimes jokingly) - You should not use this expression with someone you barely know: Chalè granmoun nan monte w.

Haitian Creole ↔ English Reference, Look up Haitian Creole and English Words

No comments:

Post a Comment