Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

In a text I saw the following sentence: Ou te ka konte .......

In a text I saw the following sentence:

Ou te ka konte sou li san onz
wa (san n pa bliye wa nan peyi Afrik yo)

this shows that in some case, when there is a sentence with san there is also a negation pa in it.

I would like to understand when you can have the negation pa in a sentence that start with san and when you do not have it.

Also, is it possible to put the past te in the above sentence ?? like below ?

Ou te ka konte sou li san onz
wa (san n pa  TE bliye wa nan peyi Afrik yo)

Can you say
Fok nou pati san n pa fè brui
Fok nou te pati san n pat fè brui


Mèsi anpil

Does the sentence have to start with “san”?

I guess you can say WHAT WILL HAPPEN with the “lack of….”.  Example:

1.
San ou mwen pèdi.
Mwen pèdi san ou.
I’m lost without you.

2.
San tretman doktè mwen ta gentan mouri.
Mwen ta gentan mouri san tretman doktè.
I would have already died without medical treatment.

Or you could say WHAT WILL NOT HAPPEN with the “lack of…..”
3.
San ou mwen pa konn sa m ta fè.
Mwen pa konn sa m ta fè san ou.
I don’t know what I would do without you.

4.
San lalwa pa gen la libète
Pa gen libète san lalwa.
“Without laws there’s no freedom”

5.
Here’s how I would translate the last two sentences:
Fok nou pati san n pa fè brui. – We should leave without making noise
Fok nou te pati san n pa’t fè brui. – We should have left without making any noise

Haitian Creole ↔ English Reference, Look up Haitian Creole and English Words

No comments:

Post a Comment