Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

There is no frigate like a book to take you lands away...Pa gen frigat tankou yon liv pou mennen ou jiskensi ( this is just my unsuccessful try, now it's your turn..lol) antwo, kijan ou ye, bel zanmi pa m'...mwen espere tout bagay mache byen nan lavi w...;)

O o mezanmi! M’anfòm wi :)
E ou menm, kijan w ye? W’ap boule?

Frigateyon vwalye, yon bato
“There is no frigate like a book to take you lands away...”
“Pa gen yon vwalye tankou yon liv ki ka anpòte w ale byen lwen ….”

Ki vle di:
Nanpwen yon vwalye ki kapab anpòte w ale pi byen pase yon liv.

Ki vle di ankò:
Yon liv kapab anpòte ale pi lwen pase yon vwalye :)

Haitian Creole ↔ English Reference, Look up Haitian Creole and English Words

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I have no idea if I'm commenting on the right post or anything so sorry in advance. I was born with a cleft lip, and have many scars from it, I am getting a tattoo on one of my many scars on my hip. Haiti stole my heart recently when I went there on a mission trip and was told by many haitian people that my scars were "bel" or beautiful. I was wondering how to correctly say something along the lines of "beautiful scars" or something about beauty within. I've been searching the internet for months and have been struggling to find anything quite perfect enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here are the few translations I could come up with:

      Inner beautybote enteryè
      Beautiful scarbèl mak
      Beauty markmak bote
      Beauty and charmbote ak cham

      Delete
  3. Mesi pou reponn, Manda.I am great, especially when i am learning from this beautiful blog :)

    ReplyDelete