Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

I wish someone would help me with a single word in Haitian Creole. The word is "moth". There is an insect similar to the butterfly called in English "moth." I know that butterfly is called "Papiyon" in Haitian Creole, but what is the word for "moth"? Could someone help me? Thank you in advance.


We do call them papiyon, ti papiyon denwi, papiyon lanp, or bèt lanp

Clothes or bread moths, on the other hand are called “mit”.

Haitian Creole ↔ English Reference, Look up Haitian Creole and English Words

1 comment:

  1. Sorry I don't know where you ask questions concerning songs... but there's this song that goes you are alpha omega prince of peace.. you dry the tears in my eyes

    ReplyDelete