Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Friday, February 21, 2014

In your recent audio post you translated lefini as ‘afterwards’. Shouldn’t it be translated as ‘at the end’ instead?

“Lèfini” (sometimes you may see it as “lòfini”, it may also be written as two words “lè fini”) basically translates afterwards, after that, and then, then
1.
I am going to rest first and then I’ll take my shower. - M pral repoze anvan lèfini m’a pran beny mwen.
2.
Do your homework first, and then you can play. - Fè devwa w anvan, lèfini ou ka jwe.
3.
What you’re doing isn’t right. You spent all your paycheck in one day and then you want me to share my earnings with you. - Sa w fè a pa bon. Ou depanse tout chèk ou nan yon sèl jounen an lèfini ou vle pou m separe salè mwen avèk ou.

Haitian Creole ↔ English Reference, Look up Haitian Creole and English Words

No comments:

Post a Comment