Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Sunday, December 1, 2013

Is there a reference (book or website) or one of your audio lessons that would help me in a medical mission with Project Medishare @ Bernard Mevs in PAP ? I only need to know very basic- Are you in pain? Take a deep breath and cough. Roll over. I will see you tomorrow. I know please and thank you- and we have some interpreters. THANK YOU


You can use the English/Haitian Creole Medical Dictionary by Maude Heurtelou and Fequière Vilsaint.  It is mainly a dictionary.  I did browse it once or twice, I don’t remember seeing any sentences for patient communication in there.

You may also check the following posts:
I have a headache
Do you have pain?
Headaches and Pains
Are you in pain? – Eske ou genyen doulè

Where is your pain? – Ki kote doulè ou ye?

Show me where’s your pain – Montre mwen kote doulè ou ye?

Take a deep breath and cough – Pran yon gran souf enpi touse

Roll over onto your right side – vire sou bò dwat ou.

Roll over onto your left  side – Vire sou bò goch ou.

Roll over onto your back – Vire enpi kouche sou do ou.

Roll over onto your stomach – Vire enpi kouche sou vant ou.

I will see you tomorrow – Mwen va wè ou demen.

See you tomorrow – Na wè demen

Haitian Creole ↔ English Reference, Look up Haitian Creole and English Words

No comments:

Post a Comment