Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

I know what 'moun pa se dra' mean because you told me - now where does the meaning come from?

Well it's a proverb.
I'm not sure if you're looking for literal translation:
Moun pa ("pa" being possessive) → your own people, your esteemed friends
Se dra → are covers/blanket

the term "moun pa" also translates favoritism

Haitian Creole ↔ English Reference, Look up Haitian Creole and English Words

No comments:

Post a Comment