Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Friday, June 21, 2013

"Li sou san" or "li sou sa"? ede m ;)

How are you using it?

sou san advin a good mood

1.
Li sou san l jodi a.
He's in a good mood today.

2.
Ou te pran kèk bon nouvèl?  Mwen wè' w sou san w jodi a.
Did you get some good news?  I see that you're in a good mood today.

sou sa → willing, in the mood, cheerful
3.
Pa pale avè'm.  M pa sou sa jodi a.
Don't talk to me.  I' m not in the mood today.

You can replace "sa" in "sou sa" with a noun:
4.
M pa sou jwèt jodi a. - I'm not in the mood to play.
M pa sou blag jodi a - I'm not in the mood to joke.
M pa sou zafè pale jodi a - I'm not in the mood to talk.
M pa sou sa.  - I'm not in the mood
M pa't sou sa. - I wasn't in the mood.
Ou toujou sou rans - You're always in the mood to joke around

5.
Depi ou wè li pa sou pale, konnen li gen yon problèm.
If he's not in the mood to talk, it means that he has a problem.

Haitian Creole ↔ English Reference, Look up Haitian Creole and English Words

No comments:

Post a Comment