Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Thursday, June 20, 2013

How can I communicate, "Turn around". For example: "Turn around and look at me" or "Turn around and walk the other way"?

There are different ways to translate "to turn around" in Haitian Creole.  But "turn around" here is translated as "vire"
Turn around → vire
Turn around and look at me → Vire enpi  gade m. You can also say Vire gade m.
Turn around and walk the other way. →  Vire enpi mache ale nan lòt sans lan. You can also say Vire enpi mache ale laba. 

Haitian Creole ↔ English Reference, Look up Haitian Creole and English Words

1 comment:

  1. Can you also say "sans nan" instead of "sans lan"? If so, does it depend on where in Haiti you are from? What would be the difference?

    ReplyDelete