Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Friday, April 26, 2013

How would you say "I didn't like the car." Also what are the contraction and long forms for negatives? Ex: pa't = pa te. Thanks

I didn't like the car.
Mwen pa te renmen machin nan.
Mwen pa't renmen machin nan.

negatives: long form and contraction
past tense
Mwen pa't konnen. (contraction)
Mwen pa te konnen. (long form)
I didn't know.

Future
Mwen p'ap kapab ale. (contraction)
Mwen p'ape kapab ale. (contraction)
Mwen pa ap kapab ale. (long form)
I will not be able to go

Progressives
Mwen p'ap etidye kounye a. (contraction)
Mwen pa ap etidye kounye a. (long form)
I'm not studying now.

Mwen pa t'ap dòmi lè w te rantre yèswa. (contraction)
Mwen pa te ap dòmi lè w te rantre yèswa. (long form)
I was not sleeping when came in last night.

Haitian Creole ↔ English Reference, Look up Haitian Creole and English Words

No comments:

Post a Comment