Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

gade yon ..., gade yon tenten. Are there more expressions like these, that is to say, expressions that similar in form and in meaning.

Yes.  I think it's the same as saying "What the hell!", isn't it?
Gade yon tenten!
Gade de betiz!
Gade de salopri!
Gade yon zen!
Gade yon tèt chaje!
etc....

or almost similar expressions:
Look what I've gotten myself into.
Gade yon kwòk m'al mete nan kou m.
Gade nan kisa 'm pran.
Gade nan ki nich gèp ma'l foure pye'm.
etc...

Haitian Creole ↔ English Reference, Look up Haitian Creole and English Words

2 comments:

  1. Greetings dear sister! I hope you're well.
    I am looking for love poems in creole. I thought of you because you're so resourceful. It's okay too if you don't have any. Thanks in advance. May God bless you richly.

    Bernadette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. O la la! Mwen renmen ti fanm sa pase sam pa konnen wi.

      Delete