Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

I often use sweet to address my mom, dad, and children....I'll say, my sweet mommy/daddy or to my girls...There's my sweet girls. How can I say this in Creole? Mesi anpil!!

'dous' is the Haitian Creole word for 'sweet',
But the best way to say this is with 'cheri' or 'chouchou',

for example:
my sweet mommy → manmi cheri mwen or manman cheri mwen
my sweet daddy → papi cheri mwen or papa cheri mwen

my sweet girl → ti fi cheri mwen
my sweet girls → ti fi cheri mwen yo

There's my sweet girl → Men ti fi cheri mwen an.
There are my sweet girls. → Men ti fi cheri mwen yo.

you can also call your little girl (or boy) ti chouchou or ti cheri which pretty much mean little sweetie or little darling

There's my little sweetie → Men ti cheri mwen an
There go my sweet little ones → Men ti chouchou mwen yo

Haitian Creole ↔ English Reference, Look up Haitian Creole and English Words

No comments:

Post a Comment