Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

What do they call the guys at the Port Au Prince airport who help you with your luggage? Bouretye?

Oh no... I would not call them that.  They might find it offensive.
If you don't want to say Mesye, please say pòtè
Haitian Creole ↔ English Reference, Look up Haitian Creole and English Words

2 comments:

  1. Sorry, I didn't mean to be offensive. Just asking about what their profession is called, as in here they'd generally be called "skycaps".

    So if I wanted to say "I will only pay one [skycap] to help with the luggage"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mwen konprann :)

      I will only pay one [skycap] to help with the luggage.
      M'ap sèlman peye yon sèl pòtè pou ede nou ak malèt yo.

      Delete