Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Hi--ran across a word I cannot find a translation for: "apatide" ("...te kreye apatide mo Marigot a li te vire lanvè." "... pwezi te pran lari nan jounal apatide laj sèz an."). Can you please help me figure out what it means? Mesi!

This word apatide is borrowed from the French a partir de. It means starting from, from, since


Haitian Creole ↔ English Reference (a work in progress at this time)




No comments:

Post a Comment