Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Thursday, May 17, 2012

so, mandaly, 'ke kase' really means to be nervous. Even though 'kase' means 'to break'. So 'ke kase' has none to do with a "broken heart' . Am i right?

Wi, ou korèk.  Ou byen di.

Kè kase (as a verb) to be antsy, to be tense, to be panicking, to be anxious.

m kase.
I have a bad feeling.

m pa janm kase.
I never worry.

Chak kou l'ale kay doktè, kè'l ap kase.
Every time she goes to the doctor's, she gets nervous.


Poukisa kè'w ap kase konsa?
Why are you so worried?



Kè kase (as a noun) → anxiety,  fear, apprehension

Ou ban m kè kase.
You frightened me.

Ou pa bezwen gen kè kase.
You don't need to worry.


Mwen dòmi ak kè kase.  Mwen leve ak kè kase.
I go to sleep with fear.  I wake up in fear.

Another expression, kè sote is used in the same manner.

Other Haitian Creole expressions for kè kase (n.) are: kè sote, laperèz, anksyete, kè sou biskèt, enkyetid, lafreyè, sousi, or lakrent (all are used in everyday conversation)

Now if you wanted to say a broken heart, then you would say kè brize

No comments:

Post a Comment