Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Vire tounen?

Vire tounen (as a verb and also a noun?)


vire tounen (literaly 'turn return')
to come and go 
to run an errand
to give the run around
to turn around
coming and goings


Gen yon bann vire tounen  lakay vwazen an.  M'ap mande m sa k'ap pase.
There's a lot of activity at the neighbor's house.  I wonder what's going on.


Mwen pral fè yon vire tounen la.
I'm going to run an errand.


Chak kou m mande l lajan m, l'ap fè m vire tounen
Every time I ask for my money, he gives me the run around.


Poukisa w'ap fè m vire tounen konsa?
Why are you giving me the run around?

No comments:

Post a Comment