Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Friday, March 23, 2012

Pa lafwa mwen jwenn tout sa m’ bezwen Nan prezans ou Senye pa lafwa mwen gen tout sa m’ bezwen pa la fwa mwen pran tout sa w’ kite pou mwen nan prezans ou pa la fwa mwen pran tout sa m’ bezwen (in English)

Pa lafwa mwen jwenn tout sa m’ bezwen Nan prezans ou Senye
By faith, I find all that I need in your presence Lord
pa lafwa mwen gen tout sa m’ bezwen
By faith, I have all that I need
pa la fwa mwen pran tout sa w’ kite pou mwen nan prezans ou
By faith I take all that you have left for me in your presence
pa la fwa mwen pran tout sa m’ bezwen
By faith, I take all that I need.

3 comments:

  1. can you explain why the "pa" in pa lafwa means by? I thought it was a negative like not so I'm a little confused. Thanks for helping out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rochelle,

    This specific "pa" is borrowed from the French "Par".
    And it means by, or per in Creole.

    Check out these examples:

    1. Li koute $2.00 pa pèsòn.
    It costs $2.00 per person.

    2. Mwen rankontre li pa aksidan.
    I met her by accident

    Other translations for the word "pa" in Creole are:
    Pa → possessive, as in pa mwenmine
    and
    Pa → steps, as in chak pa mwen fèeach step I take

    ReplyDelete