Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Monday, March 26, 2012

My car broke down

anpàn (pran pàn, gen pàn) - to break down (car)
pàn - breaking down, trouble, problems

pàn machin - car trouble pàn kawoutyou - flat tire
pàn gaz - out of gas
pàn motè - motor trouble
pàn lajan - to be broke
leve pàn - to repair
leve pàn yon machin - to repair a car

1.
Pa gen pàn (same as Pa gen pwoblèm) - No problem.
Nou pa gen pàn, nou genyen Jezi - We're alright, we got Jesus

2.
My car broke down.
Machin mwen pran pàn.


3.
My car broke down on the road.
Machin mwen pran pàn sou wout la.


4.
My car ran out of gas.
Machin mwen an pran pàn gaz.


5.
My car is broken down.
My car does not run
Machin mwen anpàn

6.
Can you fix my car?
Eske ou ka repare machin mwen an?
Eske ou kapab leve pàn machin mwen an?


7.
What's wrong with the car?
Ki pàn machin nan genyen?
Sa machin nan genyen?



No comments:

Post a Comment