Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Friday, February 24, 2012

"transparent" and "transparency" - both literally (light passes cleanly through) and figuratively (nothing is done in secret)

Literally:
transparent (light passes through) transparan, vizib, klè, klè tankou glas
transparency transparans, viziblite, klète

Figuratively:
transparent (adj) → klè, san kache, san ipokrizi, san tronpri
tranparently (adv.) → a klè
also, the antonyms for transparent(figuratively) would be: ankachèt, anbachal, ansoudin, anchalpent (these words may be used as adj. or adv. in Creole)

2 comments:

  1. Looking at the web site, the post(s). I am not sure that I understand. Are the definitions in Haitian and Louisiana Creole? Can someone shoot me a quick email ?

    Thanks

    jceve1717@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete