Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Must I use "fèk" and "sòt" together? Can I say "Nou fèk wè yo" and "Nou sòt wè yo", or does it need to be "Nou fèk sòt wè yo"?

Fèk and fèk sòt indicates a more immediate past.

Yes, you may use fèk all by itself.
Nou fèk wè yo  (We just saw them) is accurate.


And yes, you will hear Creole speakers use "sòt" by itself.

sòt (sòti) to come from
Nou sòt wè yo (We come from seeing them)

And, Nou fèk sòt wè yo (We just come from seeing them) is also accurate.

So, you're good with all three :)

No comments:

Post a Comment