Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

If pa yo means theirs and pa mwen means mine, how do you say not mine? pa pa mwen?

Actually yes :)
Does it sound weird to you :)

This is not mine.
Sa se pa pa mwen an. (uncontracted)
Sa se pa pa m nan. (contracted)

This is not yours.
Sa se pa pa w la.

Can you just imagine all the beautiful puns you can create with verbiage like these!

2 comments:

  1. Wait just a second here
    A sentence arrangement like "Sa se pa pa mwen." could mean "This is my dad" or it could mean "This is not mine."?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess it could.

    Sa se papa mwen.
    This is my father.

    Sa se pa pa m nan non.
    This is not mine.

    ReplyDelete