Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Friday, October 28, 2011

what does Mwen renmen sa zanmi Pam mean in english

Mwen renmen sa zanmi pa'm.

pa'm is a contraction for pa mwen.

pa mwen or pa'm means mine

zanmi pa'mfriend of mine, my friend

Mwen renmen sa zanmi pa'm
I like that my friend

2 comments:

  1. Doesn't "pam" also mean "favorite"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it could mean "favorite."
    Most of the time, "pa'm" means "mine" or "my own".
    Remember that you will see "pa" accompanied with other Haitian Creole pronouns also.
    Check out the following examples:

    Sa se aktè pa'm nan.
    That's my favorite actor.

    Sa se machin pa'm nan.
    That's my kind of car.

    Sa se manje pa'l la.
    This is his own food.

    Sa se peyi pa'n nan.
    This is our own country.

    Eske sa se pa'm nan?
    Is this mine?

    Eske sa se pa'w la?
    Is this yours?

    ReplyDelete