Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Using Haitian Creole word "kont" to translate "enough"

Enough is translated in Creole as ase or kont

Let's take a look at the word "kont"
Kont enough, as much as possible, plenty

1. I ate enough.
    I ate as much as I could
    Mwen manje kont mwen.

2. I've had enough, thanks.
    I've had as much as I could have, thanks.
    Mwen gen kont mwen, mèsi.

3. Have you had enough?
    Eske ou gen kont ou?

4. I'm taking a break today.  I wrote as much as I could yesterday.
    M'ap pran yon ti konje jodi a.  Mwen ekri kont mwen yè.

5. He was very brave.  He fought this disease as much as he could.
    Li te gen anpil kouraj.  Li goumen ak maladi sa kont li.

6. I went to Brazil.  I had as much fun as possible.
   Mwen t'ale Brezil.  Mwen pran kont plezi m.

7. They broke into the house.  They did as much damage as possible.
    Yo kase kay la.  Yo fè kont dega yo.

8. They went to the party.  They danced as much as they could.
    Yo t'ale nan fèt la.  You danse kont yo.

3 comments: