Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Sunday, September 25, 2011

How do you say "buddy"? Which word is more intimate than "kanmarad"?

Buddy (as in: favorite friend, bosom buddy, pal, chum)
Moun pa

Moun pa, in Haitian Creole, is a very good friend for whom you have a soft spot.

Example:
Frank's my buddy.  I'll never turn him away.
Frank se moun pa m*.  Mwen pa janm refize l*.

I know Mamoun is your bosom buddy
Mwen konnen Mamoun se moun pa w*.

Jack shared his sandwich with Jill because Jill's his pal.
Jack separe sandwitch li a avèk Jill paske Jill se moun pa l*.

"m, w, l " are respectively contracted forms of "mwen, ou, li"

No comments:

Post a Comment