Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Is "Wi ou pral" correct in saying, "Yes, you will."?

"pral" is not used as an auxillary for short answers.
When one says: "Wi, ou prale." it means: "Yes you will go"

Example:

Are you going to the church?
Eske ou pral legliz la?
Yes I'm going.
Wi mwen prale.

Are we going to Mexico?
Eske nou prale Meksik?
Yes we are.
Wi nou prale.

Am I going with you?
 Eske mwen prale avè w?
Yes, you are.
Wi ou prale.

Short answers in English does not mean short answers in Creole.
Are you going to miss me?
Eske ou pral sonje m?
Yes I am.
Wi mwen pral sonje w.

Are you going to sit down?
Eske ou pral chita?
Yes I will.
Wi mwen pral chita.

Will you sing?
Eske ou pral chante?
Yes I will.
Wi mwen pral chante.

Will you come to the party?
Eske w'ap vini nan fèt la?
Yes I will.
Wi m'ap vini.

Will they recognize me?
Eske y'ap rekonèt mwen?
Yes they will.
Wi y'ap rekonèt ou.

Will I see you again?
Eske m'ap wè ou ankò?
Yes you will.
Wi w'ap wè m.

Will you be here?
Eske w'ap la?
Yes i will.
Wi m'ap la.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I really appreciate your collections it has been of great help to me.May god bless you and grant you great success in everything you do.great! Really informative post. helped me a lot.
    Thanks & Regards.
    Akhilesh
    top canadian b schools

    ReplyDelete