Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

le maten le soley leve,se kok la mape tann chante,pou madanm pote kafe pou mwen,se le sa lape di mwen,yereswa mwen pa domi,tout lannwit la kok la ap chante,ay mwen pa kapab anko,edem kriye edem rele,kokoriko...

This looks like a lyric to a song...

"When the sun comes up in the morning, the rooster crows for my lady to bring me coffee. She says she did not sleep well last night, 'cause all night the rooster crows ----- I can't any more, help me...."

Well this is definitely a song. I wish i could hear the music though.
Don't you think roosters make the nicest alarm clocks?
I didn't mind them during my school days in Haiti, except that sometimes they'll crow all day long.  God bless them.

No comments:

Post a Comment